Job Title: Research Interns
Position Type: Full-Time or Part Time
Application Deadline: On-going
The Middle East Research Institute is seeking motivated young talents to join our team of active researchers and acquire substantial training in policy research and organizational skills. These include:
- Research and Data Collection
- Conduct literature reviews, gather relevant research materials, collect and analyze data and assist in the development of research methodologies.
- Support and participate in on-going research projects and event organisations, including documentation and reporting.
- Contribute to the writing of research reports, policy briefs, and academic papers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., international relations, political science, sociology, or a related discipline). A Master’s degree is advantageous.
- Keen interest in research with proven skills in conducting research.
- Full awareness in research methodologies and data collection techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in different languages.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents by email
- Cover Letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position
- Copies of academic transcripts (if applicable)
- Writing sample (e.g., research paper or report)
- Reference letters from two professional and/or academic referees
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity, and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
MERI is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, focused on policy issues relating to the people, the land and the system of governance in the Middle East in general, and Kurdistan and Iraq in particular. It is based in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Its mission is to contribute to the process of nation building and democratization in the Middle East via engagement, research, analysis and policy debates.