The Institute delivers on its objectives via the following:
- Carrying out scholarly research on the political system, governance, economics, national security, international politics, health, environment, education and science & technology.
- Preparing studies and offering expert consultation to governmental and non-governmental organizations in different fields.
- Offering independent analysis of critical challenges and opportunities facing the region.
- Providing policy-making consultations to government and non-government institutions, and making innovative and workable policy recommendations.
- Engaging governments, public and private sector institutions and civil society in open and/or confidential debates on policy issues
- Engaging academic experts, public and private sector leaders, policy-makers and decision-makers in debates, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Providing leadership training to governmental and non-governmental organisations
- Disseminating data and relevant information on Kurdistan, Iraq and the wider region via printed, electronic, and audio-visual publication of research reports, journals, blogs, pamphlets, books, policy watch briefings and seminar proceedings.
- Monitor regional and international news broadcast of events and developments that impact the region in general and on Iraq and Kurdistan in particular.