US-Iran relation and its impact on the Middle East
Relations between the USA and Iran have gone from bad to worse for the past 35 years. Their political conflict had the biggest impact on policies and events throughout the Middle East and beyond. Their relations have now taken a positive turn, and leaders of both countries appear determined to make progress. However, many questions remain unanswered. For example:
- What is the fundamental differences and agreements between these two powers.
- Where are the negotiations going?
- How will this shape the future of the Middle East?
- Can USA reassure the Israelis, and how would the latter view or react to these negotiations?
- Will Saudi Arabia resort to new defence mechanisms, eg. acquiring its own nuclear weapon?
These and many more questions will be addressed by local and international experts in this seminar. Attendance is by invitation only. If interested, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is free for members. For more information on membership, please click here. To become a member: please complete the membership application form. Provisional date: 24 June, 2014 Time, date and Venue to be confirmed.
In this seminar, experts review the US-Iran relations over the past decade and analyse how this will shape the future of the Middle East.