The Institute’s management structure consists of
Board of Trustees: A group of experienced and internationally respected academics, former diplomats and policy-makers and businessmen who are volunteers. The Board is responsible to the legal system for MERI’s overall strategy and conduct.
President of MERI: The day-to-day administration of MERI will be the responsibility of the President and Council of Directors
The Institute consists of the following Directorates (Departments)
- Human Resources and Finance
- Media and Communications
- Information Technology
- Logistics and Research Support
- International Politics and National Security Programme
- Democracy and Governance Programme
- Economics, Energy and Environment Programme
- Health, Education and Public Services Programme
- Community, Civil Society and Cultural Development Programme
The Programme Directorates are managed by
- Programme Directors
- Research Staff (Substantive): Research Fellows (senior and junior)
- Research Staff (Honorary): Associate Fellows, Consultant Research Fellows.
- Administrators: Programme Managers, Project coordinators, Admin Assistants, Secretaries
- Trainees: Research and Admin Trainees.