Coinciding with International Think Tank Day and in coordination with global Think Tanks, MERI is pleased to host a roundtable on Thursday, 26 January 2017 for representatives of Iraq’s leading think tanks and the top military commanders involved in the Mosul liberation campaign. Key speakers include:
- Mr Hadi Al-Amiri, Commander of Popular Mobulisation Forces and Leader of Badir Organisation
- Lieutenant General Abdul Ameer Rasheed Yarallah, Commander of Ninawa Liberation Campaign
- Lieutenant General Jabar Yawar, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Peshmerga Affairs
- Dr Hisham Alhashimi, Researcher at Al-Nahrain Center for Strategic Studies
The speakers will address the current military progress in the battlefields of Mosul, prospects of repatriation of the displaced populations and future threats posed by the Islamic State in Iraq.
Also present for military updates will be top commanders of various Iraqi forces including:
- L.G. Abdul-Ghani Al-Asadi, Commander of the Anti-terror Unit
- L.G. Riadh Jalal, Commander of the Military Forces
- L.G. Anwar Hama Amin, Commander of the Iraqi Air Forces
- L.G. Hamid Al-Maliki, Commander of the Military Air Force
- Brig. Raid Shakir, Commander of the Federal Police
- Brig. Najim Al-Jibouri, Commander of Mosul Operations
- L.G. Kasim Al-Maliki, Commander of Division 9 of the Iraqi Army
- L.G. Basim Al-Tayee, Head of the IDPs Repatriation Committee
- Brig. Adil Shamal, Head of the Planning Commission in the Joint Operation Command.
Date: 26 January 2017
Time: 14:10 – 16:30 Erbil Time
Please note that the seminar will be held in Arabic.