Contract length:12 Months
Deadline: 25 April
Vacancy: Project Coordinator (PC)
Programme: Democracy & Government
Applications are invited for the position of Project Coordinator (PC) to lead and manage all activities related to publication, communication and dissemination of a training project conducted by MERI in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The PC provides professional and high-quality communication services to support MERI’s aims and sets the communications strategy for the successful implementation of the project. The PC will be responsible to the President of MERI, and shall:
- Maintain and monitor project plans and schedules, budgets and expenditures
- Organize, attend and participate in training sessions.
- Write reports, document and follow up on important actions and decisions with stakeholders.
- Coordinate and ensure that project requirements and deadlines are met successfully.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged and updated.
- In liaison with MERI staff, prepare, plan and release press releases, adverts, public relations, media briefs and newsletters before publications and monitor feedback and impact.
- Establish, organise, and maintain an effective media and communication archive
- Carry out any other duties related to media and communication as instructed by the President in relation to this project.
The PC will have the following skills and competencies:
- A University degree in a relevant field
- Experience of developing, implementing and/or coordinating projects
- Very good written and presentational skills Kurdish and Arabic. Good command of English language is advantageous.
- Demonstrable understanding of international media, and experience in related fields.
- Good IT skills, including website updating and social media programmes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, external organisations and journalists.
- Excellent organisational skills, planning, time management and prioritisation; and ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Use of social media and how it beneﬁts an organisation in reaching its target audience.
- Good team-working skills while being able to work independently.