Salary: $12,000 – $30,000
Contract length: 2 years in the first instance
Deadline: 23 September, 2016
Job reference: J1031 .
Applications are invited for the position of IT Project Manager to lead the IT needs of MERI. The successful candidate will work with MERI researchers to ensure that the team delivers fit-for-purpose solutions that meet the institution’s policy requirements. We believe this is an ideal role for talented Senior/Junior IT software looking to grow and develop within an academic environment.
The successful candidate must possess the following skill set:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be advantageous.
- Delivery/development of large scale web based solution
- Development of an IT function from scratch
- Knowledge/experience of outsourced solutions; specifically in hosting
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Managing & delivering complex IT projects
- Developing IT Strategy
- Developing a support structure to include internal and external customer solution supports
- Managing a team
- Has good communication skills in English (Kurdish and Arabic would be advantageous).
- Able to work in a fast paced & demanding environment
- Flexible & adaptability on day to day- supporting wider strategies as and when needed
- Maintain knowledge of technological advancements to anticipate & implement technological developments
- Promote cross-functional working
Skills in the following are added values:
- PhotoShop CS4 and above
- Illustrator CS4 and above
- HTML, XHTML, DHTML, XML,
- Google Apps
- CMS based system (WordPress)
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, or disability, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.
You can read about MERI at meri-k.org
- The online application form
- Up-to-date CV, including Names of three work-related referees, at least one of these should be an existing or most recent employer.
- A covering letter