Salary: $18,000 – $30,000
Contract length: 2 years in the first instance
Deadline: 23 September, 2016
Vacancy: Coordinator [Code: J1029] of Media, Marketing and Communications
Applications are invited for the position of Coordinator of Media, marketing and Communications (CoMMC) to lead and manage all activities related to publication, communication and dissemination of the institute’s output and input, and enhance the institution’s profile nationally and internationally.
The CoMMC provides professional and high-quality communication services to support MERI’s aims, and sets the communications strategy for the organisation. The DoMMC will be responsible to the President of MERI, and shall:
- Coordinate MERI’s communication, developing strategies, policies and action plans in support of the MERI’s corporate objectives.
- Advise the various Directorates on matters relating to media, public relations, communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Prepare, plan and release press releases, adverts, public relations, media briefs and newsletters before publications and monitor feedback and impact
- Establish a strong and wide network with media and other research institutions.
- Develop, manage and keep up-to-date MERI’s website and other social networking pages (e.g. facebook, twitter etc)
- Establish, organise, and maintain an effective media and communication archive
- Lead and manage the development and production of promotional and marketing materials;
- Carry out any other duties related to media and communication as instructed by the President.
The CoMMC will have the following skills and competencies:
- A University degree in a relevant field, preferably in Public Relations or Media Studies
- Experience of developing and implementing a communication strategy and plans.
- Demonstrable experience in staff administration
- Excellent written and presentational skills in English language. Command of Kurdish and/or Arabic would be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of international media, and demonstrable experience in media and communication, public relations, marketing or journalism.
- Excellent IT skills, including website updating and social media programmes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, external organisations and journalists.
- Excellent organisational skills, planning, time management and prioritisation; and ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- A demonstrable track record in using media coverage and other publications to deliver organisational aims and objectives.
- Use of social media and how it beneﬁts an organisation in reaching its target audience.
- Good team-working skills while able to work independently.
- The online application form.
- Up-to-date CV, including Names of three work-related referees, at least one of these should be a referee from your existing or most recent employer.
- A covering letter to email@example.com.