Director of Human Resources
Salary: $24,000 – $48,000 (tax free)
Contract length: 2 years in the first instance
Deadline: Saturday, 31 May, 2014
Job reference: J1001 for HR Director or J1002 for HR Officer
Applications are invited for the position of Director of Human Resources (HR) to guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for MERI. The HR Director will be responsible for leading HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance environment that emphasises empowerment, quality, productivity and high standards. He/she will be a key member of the Management Board and lead on staff recruitment and development, and assist/advice various Directorates on HR issues.
The Finance Officer post is available for less experienced candidates who would work along the same lines but expected to be less experienced and take lighter responsibilities compared to the Director
Specific objectives and responsibilities of HR Director are listed here.
- Development of a the HR Department and highly productive workforce.
- Staff recruitment
- Organizational planning, development and space management;
- Staff and departmental performance management and improvement process;
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns;
- Employee relations, orientation, development, and training;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Pan-Directorate committee facilitation;
- Compensation and benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, health, counselling and other related services
- Employee services and counselling.
- A University degree at BA/BSc level
- Demonstrable experience in HR administration.
- Experience of managing, training and appraising professional staff
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English language; Kurdish language will be an advantage.
- Good team-working skills while able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to foster bridges and manage relationships across departments
- Very good planning, organisation, documentation and record keeping skills.
- Working under pressure to strict deadlines, ability to prioritise and completing tasks as agreed objectives.
- Ability to protect confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of Office software.
- The online application form
- Up-to-date CV, including Names of three work-related referees, at least one of these should be a referee from your existing or most recent employer.
- A covering letter